Drobo

Drobo Dashboard says Drobo is full - It's not - Help?

Background:

• I have 3 Drobo’s running (have been using drobo since 2014). 2 x 5n and 1 x 5n2.
  • Drobo Dashboard installed on 3 mac’s and 2 PC’s for the above listed

Problem:
Drobo 5n had about 2TB free, I moved about 8TB off of it onto another one, and upgraded one of the drives from 8TB to 10TB. So in theory there is about 11TB available on it right now. The dashboard says there is 0B left of free space, and says it’s fully 100% full. The drives are calculating correctly (10+10+10+10+8) and showing in the capacity area as 34.37TB. All drives are healthy. The Capacity tab shows it as Red and 100% full. Checking the file sizes on the drobo there is about 23Tb of stuff actually on it. And saving new files to it (even 300GB files) works perfectly fine. It’s just the dashboard that thinks it’s full, but it’s not, it has tons of space. The result is the same no matter which computer or dashboard I use, the other drobo’s all report normally.

• All drobo’s are up to date firmware
  • All dashboards are up to date.

Totally stuck, have no idea what’s going on.

I have a similar issue with a Drobo 8D. Capacity says 29TB in use, but df shows about 5TB in use across 3 volumes. In my case, I chalked it up to my backup volume being treated differently, as MacOS continues to encrypt the volume. I’m not sure how MacOS handles the ongoing conversion of a volume from unencrypted to encrypted. ‘diskutil cs list’ shows the volume is halfway through the encryption process (after over a week…), and 50% of the backup volume’s total size (even though only a fraction is used) would account for the discrepancy.