Drobo

Drobo Dashboard & 5 Ghz Wireless

I have a wireless dual band router (Linksys WRT610N) with my two Drobo units attached to it via Ethernet. My Macbook Pro is connected to the network wirelessly. Drobo Dashboard will only recognize the Drobo units when I’m on the 2.4 Ghz band and not the 5 Ghz band. Does anyone know why this is?? Color me confused. I’m digging into all the possible network settings but coming up empty on this one. I’m not filtering devices on the router at all.

Try other version of Dashboard. I can’t think of anything in your router that might be doing this problem.
Dashboard has problems with lots of things.

I did try Dashboard v 2.1.0 before rolling back to 2.0.3.

I should mention that I can connect the shares over 5Ghz if I access the shortcuts I’ve set up in Finder. Once I access one of the shortcuts, the share associated with that shortcut mounts in Finder. However, Dashboard never finds anything.

Does your router have a “guest networking” feature? Some allow the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands to act as separate networks without any connections between them so that you can let visitors on one of them, they can get to the Internet but not to all of your stuff which is running happily on the other one. This could explain what you are seeing.

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. Write to me in PM.