Drobo

Drobo Apps

Hi all, I am new to this forum and to Drobo products, having only just received my Drobo FS yesterday morning.

I have been searching this forum to find useful information on what I can do and add to my Drobo FS to get it doing stuff that I want and stuff that I didnt realise I wanted to do (if that makes sense?!?!).

I have just seen that there is an app called Transmission Daemon that is very much the sort of thing that I am looking for, is there any other apps that dont apear on the Drobo web site that would be worth me investigating?

Also, could someone point me towards a dummies guide to the apps that are on offer so that I can see which ones would be of use to me?

Many thanks in advance

I have been organizing all the apps I have compiled for the DroboFS so far in this website: www.droboports.com

Feel free to browse. Feedback is welcome.

P.S.: I’m working right now on a port of rtorrent and rutorrent for the FS. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

rTorrent 0.8.6 is available for the DroboFS. It is a full integration of rTorrent as stand-alone service, accessible through a web interface (ruTorrent).

You can find it here: http://www.droboports.com/app-repository/rtorrent-0-8-6

Thanks ricardo. I have, successfully, been using transmission over the past week or so and have like it. How will this compare

I just installed this, I don’t seem to be getting the full ruTorrent menu. Only shows the settings and the help icon?

Have you installed lighttpd and php?

Hi Ricardo, I have installed this rtorrent, plus lighttpd and php but when I try to configure via droboadmin it says that the page is not found.

What am i doing wrong?

The order is important, though. First lighttpd, then php, and finally rtorrent.

If the link in DroboAdmin does not work, it means that lighttpd needs to be restarted for the rtorrent configuration to kick in. It means that probably lighttpd has been installed after rtorrent, since I made sure that if rtorrent was installed after lighttpd it would make lighttpd reload its configuration. :slight_smile:

Yes. But I’ll try again. At one stage droboadmin stops working. What’s the order I should install it in? apache, droboadmin, lighttpd, php, rtorrent?

Yes, that is the correct order. In an ideal world, you wouldn’t need apache anymore. But that is a topic for another thread.

I have a version of apache 2 installed on my drobo and managed to get your compile of rTorrent working to some extend. I’m getting this error message in the logger when starting rTorrent. Does it appear in your version or have I introduced it by using apache? Google seems to pointing to the later.

rTorrent is compiled with incorrect version of xmlrpc-c library, without i8 support. Version must be >= 1.11. Some functionality will be unavailable.

Great work with the drobo apps btw.

Getting this message when opening up the rTorrent from droboadmin. The logger logs say:

Bad response from server: (500 [error,getuisettings]) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> 500 - Internal Server Error

500 - Internal Server Error

Something not set up correctly?

Yup. You have to check the log files in lighttpd and rtorrent to see what is going wrong.[hr]

Yeah, just ignore that. The problem is that the only easy-to-download version of the xmlrpc-c library is* version 1.06. The i8 features were introduced in 1.11. Shouldn’t make any difference.

*) Well who would have guessed. A new super stable release of xmlrpc-c is out (1.16). It has been released just 5 hours ago. I’ll update the DroboApp as soon as possible.

Thank you :slight_smile:

192.168.0.pc 192.168.0.drobo - [26/Mar/2011:02:55:58 -0800] “GET /rtorrent/php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1” 200 0 “http://192.168.0.250/rtorrent/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.16 Safari/534.24”
192.168.0.pc 192.168.0.drobo - [26/Mar/2011:02:55:58 -0800] “POST /rtorrent/php/getsettings.php HTTP/1.1” 500 369 “http://192.168.0.250/rtorrent/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.16 Safari/534.24”
192.168.0.pc 192.168.0.drobo - [26/Mar/2011:03:01:23 -0800] “GET /rtorrent/php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1” 200 0 “http://192.168.0.250/rtorrent/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.16 Safari/534.24”
1192.168.0.pc 192.168.0.drobo - [26/Mar/2011:03:01:23 -0800] “POST /rtorrent/php/getsettings.php HTTP/1.1” 200 0 “http://192.168.0.250/rtorrent/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.16 Safari/534.24”
192.168.0.pc 192.168.0.drobo - [26/Mar/2011:03:01:31 -0800] “GET /rtorrent/php/getplugins.php HTTP/1.1” 500 369 “http://192.168.0.250/rtorrent/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.16 Safari/534.24”

I can see some 500s. Sorry but I can’t tell what is wrong by looking at this. :frowning:

Hmm, so I take it that your torrents are displaying the correct size? For me they are, I think, a magnitude of 10 off; so a torrent that is 4564 mb is displayed as 456.4 mb. I thought this was to do with the xmlrpc-c library as the call that is displaying that error is a, paraphrasing, “get size of a megabyte” one.

None of my torrents seem to be working either but this may be related to my version of apache and mod_scgi. I did give a go at compiling rtorrent but got stuck when compiling curl and it not being able to find the openssl librarys. I might give it another go later, maybe I screwed up someting in the earlier steps.

Yup, I just downloaded a small torrent and sizes were reported correctly. Free space shows crazy values, but that is kind of expected due to thin provisioning.

I may have not stressed this enough, but yeah, the DRI-provided version of apache does not have a functioning mod_scgi. That is the reason why I had to get lighttpd and php compiled before tackling rtorrent.