I’m ready to burn this Drobo, that aside… here are my issues.
- My Drobo says it’s at 100% capacity which is odd, because it wasn’t previously and I didn’t add any files
- I tried deleting files, however there are folders that the Drobo won’t allow me to delete. I checked the drive and I have read/write access to everything. If I try to edit permissions, the drives unmount then remount moments later.
- I decided to add another drive and be done with the full capacity issue. The Drobo has all WD RED NAS drives since I’ve owned it. Slot 1: 4TB, Slot 2: 4TB, Slot 3: 4TB, Slot 4: 6 TB. After adding another 6TB drive to the Drobo to slot 5, the drive in slot 4 went red as a “failed drive”.
- I pulled out the slot 4 “failed” drive and reinstalled it. The data protection rebuild process started. I let it run overnight and it completed.
- After rebuild was complete slot 4 was now green and slot 1 was showing a failure. So I rebooted the unit and now slot 1 was green and slot 4 was showing a failure.
- I pulled out slot 4 drive and reinserted it and now the rebuild process is going again.
I’ve been playing email tag with Drobo support. They’ve asked me for times when I can support a remote login, which I provided but those dates came and went with no response. This whole process is infuriating. As soon as I can assure my data is safe, I’ll be switching it over to a Synology unit.