Drobo

Drobo 5N2 - failed after firmware update

After I applied a firmware update to my Drobo 5N2 the unit keep trying to boot for a long time so I let it go all night. Woke up to all yellow lines… did what tech support said to try, taking the drives out and rebooting, Any ides?

I did a firmware update (4.2.1-8.123.114095) my Drobo5N yesterday. I’ve got two WD Red 6TB drives in it. On reboot it decided drive B was bad/missing so set about a 12 hour data protection process. This morning drive A was all good, drive B dead. However on rebooting the Drobo again it decided drive B is good after all. So it’s currently doing a 10 hour remap of both drives.

Anyone else had this problem? I’ve raised a support case and will update with conclusion.

Almost the same problem, I have WD RED 6TB in slots 3 and 4, 3 went red, 4 went dark, reinstalled the one in slot 3 and it came back on line, tried a 2 TB in slot 4, then went back to the 6 again. Slot 4 still dark, after several more attempts sliding the disk in and out it finally spun up. Does not exactly fill one with confidence though. Not the unit is in a data protection in progress mode, and I suspect it will be that way for some time. So I am now on firmware 4.2.2. A little frustrated, and a little less confident in my backup, but I’ll be looking hard to make sure all is good when the data protection is complete.

Update! More problems on my 5N2 after 4.2.2 update. Tried a reboot and the 6TB drives were once again having issues coming back on line.

After 25 hours of waiting for the data manipulation, I finally got all green lights, waited 2 days and figured I better try a reboot before it finds a reason to do it on its own. Once again the 5N2 struggled with the 6TB drives, one of them absolutely would not come back online, after several tries I took an old 2TB drive and put it in that bay and it came up and is green, but of course I lost a lot of space.
Do I change out the 6TB drives for something else? Could someone provide me with information on what to change them too, I have always used WD drives, and truly NEVER had problems. Is there a firmware issue in Drobo? This is all very confusing, and concerning. Everything was fine until 4.2.2, reboots, were without problem, drives all came back green. I have a hard time thinking it is something else when I have had the 6TB drives in, and working flawlessly for 2 years or so that they would really be the problem.
I would appreciate any help, ideas, or anyone else that is experiencing issues with Drobo after the update to 4.2.2.

Thank you

Wayne

My 5N2 has had solid yellow lights for a wee. What upsets me more I have not heard from tech support since Sunday. I have Drobocare but can’t reach them. Does anyone have their phone number?

Thanks

Paul

Today attempted 4.2.2 fw update for one of our DROBO 5N2s, appeared to be going well, but noticed NO lights on the unit and the fan is running on high.
No lights after 2 hours and fan still running.

Any ideas on this issue?

We have a second 5N2, an old FS and 2 new 5Cs, and have had Drobo’s forever with little problems until now. (~50TB in house)