Drobo

Drobo 5n - Mount failed

Hello,

I’m quite desperate.
My drobo 5n say “mout failed” and I don’t know what else to do.
All lights are green, blue lights showing about 70%.
Dashboard on system is Critical, but all drives are green.
Capacity, shares and droboapps are grayed out / asking me to try repair.

Repair goes successfully but changes nothing.

As much as I can understand from the diag files, something was corrupted at the system level…

Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: Execute cmd: /sbin/chadmin -v -r
/sbin/chadmin: Chadmin: GetAdmin: GetAdminXML: xml.Unmarshal: XML syntax error on line 1: illegal character code U+0000
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: forked cmd: /sbin/chadmin -v -r exited with a 256 value
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: LinuxSupportExecuteCommand: /sbin/chadmin command failed with return value 256
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: DNASConfig::DNASConfigLoadAndStart: ERROR: admin config update failed (256)
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: Trying command: /bin/sh /etc/init.d/disable_swap
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: Execute cmd: /bin/sh /etc/init.d/disable_swap
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: forked cmd: /bin/sh /etc/init.d/disable_swap exited with a 0 value
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: Trying command: /bin/umount /mnt/DroboFS/
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: Execute cmd: /bin/umount /mnt/DroboFS/
umount: can’t unmount /mnt/DroboFS: Device or resource busy
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: forked cmd: /bin/umount /mnt/DroboFS/ exited with a 256 value
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: LinuxSupportExecuteCommand: /bin/umount command failed with return value 256
Thu Feb 27 08:37:04 2020: DNASConfigInitThread: umount failed for /mnt/DroboFS with error 256

I don’t know what to do…
Any ideas ??

Update: It’s not a system problem.
I “migrated” the drives to itself:

1. shutdown
  2. removed all drives
  3. inserted 2 new drives
  4. turned on
  5. factory reset
  6. after init, made new shares. Worked perfectly.
  7. shut down
  8. removed new drives.
  9. Inserted old drives.
  10. device reverted to exactly same faulty state :frowning:

Not sure what to add, but please continue to post your various attempts at work-arounds?

Having the same issue with a FS. Posted in the legacy forums.

With the help of a genius storage technician, we contacted drobo support.
We’ve received a specialized firmware for the 5n that allows ssh and therefore he was able to transfer out all the data. After that, it was only a matter of resetting the device and moving the data back in.

Were you able to see your data? I am having the same issue and my /mnt/DroboFS is empty via SSH.

Yes,

My problem was a corrupted xml file which was part of the boot process. Had no access to any partition, not even apps so no ssh.

The solution was installing a special firmware and then moving all data out, resetting and then in again.

Interesting. I have the special firmware installed and can access it via SSH in terminal. But the folder is empty after DroboFS. Although the dashboard reports data.

What failed ? What does the logs say ?

According to Drobo the File System Table failed. They provided me the special firmware to access and get my data off.

Which logs? I can provide a diagnostic file if needed.

Diagnostic files can tell you where is the error

Find both diagnostic files attached here - one with drives attached and one without. Drobo support is opening a ticket with engineering today.
https://gofile.io/?c=mXOiqZ