I replaced a 250GB drive with a 4TB drive to increase my storage capacity in my Drobo 5N. At first all the drive lights were blinking green to yellow and everything seemed happy. I returned about an hour later to find it cycling though this sequence:
- It reboots itself.
- Immediately after the reboot the drive lights flash green to yellow.
- 20 seconds later all the drive lights turn solid yellow and the capacity lights all come on
- All light turn off and it reboots (back to step one).
Stuff I’ve tried already.
- Swapping the power supply with another 5N. No change
- Rebooting the device.
- Turn off, remove all the drives and turn back on. This finally allowed me to see it in dashboard, but didn’t change the behavior when I put the drives back in.
I can’t get any help from Drobo support because the device is older than a year.