Drobo

Drobo 5D Catalina Compatibility?

The upgrade info for macOS Catalina at https://www.drobo.com/upgrade-guide-for-macos-catalina/ says that * Drobo 5 Bays – 5C, 5D3 *** (via USB C)** and 5N2 are Catalina Compatible. Drobo 5D is not mentioned. Is it compatible via Thunderbolt?

1 Like

I too would like to know the answer to this.

I received the following reply from Drobo Tech Support **"Thank you for contacting Drobo technical support!

You should have no issues on Catalina with your Drobo 5D.

We are currently working with Apple to resolve the issues, however these are for the 5D3 and Thunderbolt 3 devices."**

I am just chiming in to share that I have a 5D that is also NOT mounting since my MacBook Pro upgraded to Catalina.

Have you tried connecting it with USB-3 cable?

Drobo 5D (version 1) will not mount on my Catalina MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) using Thunderbolt (version 1). Drobo 5D does mount via USB 3.0 cable.

I’ve just taken the gamble and upgraded my Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) to Catalina. I’m running 2 Drobo 5D Thunderbolt connected 2015 era, and have no problems.

My Drobo 5D does mount but I think there are other problems with the Catalina upgrade. Drobo dashboard says I have the latest firmware and Dashboard software. It seems to backup OK After I upgraded to Catalina on my iMac, I noticed that one folder in my Apple Mail App has disappeared. A folder with the same name also disappeared in the Finder. When Tried to connect to Time Machine, the Apple Mail App crashed. It looks like Drobo has an incompatibility with Time Machine. Strange that it only happens with Apple Mail. Anybody else have an issue like this?

I’m also using Time Machine 5D for backup and have not had any issues like yours…