Drobo 5C with red light won't recognize any new drives?

I am having problems with my Drobo setup.

I have 2 Drobos. Drobo #1 is a 5C, #2 is Drobo FS.

Problem #1
Both are not recognized on my Mac running OS 11.6.7. Drobo software installed is 3.6.1 [115880].

Problem #2
Drobo 5C had 3 of 5 bays occupied. Bay 2 displayed a Red light. I replaced the drive. The Drobo does not recognize the new drive. Replaced the new drive with another new drive, with the same result. Placed both new drives into bays 4 and 5, Drobo won’t recognize the new drives.

Currently the bays and their lights are as follows (all bays have hard drives installed):
Bay 1 = green light
Bay 2 = red light
Bay 3 = green light
Bay 4 = no light
Bay 5 = no light

By the way I can’t upgrade my OS, I need to keep this to use work software and work from home.

Forgot to include. Both Drobos are mounted on my desktop. I can read and write to both.

Thank you

this is a Dashboard only issue, the data is accessible?

If so, try the following:

• Download Drobo Dashboard from Drobo-Dashboard-3.5.1.dmg
  • Once downloaded to your desktop, double click on the DroboDashboard .dmg file
  • From the DroboDashboard screen select UNINSTALL, follow the prompts to uninstall
  • ​Install Drobo Dashboard: Drobo-Dashboard-3.5.1.dmg

Hi Valorie,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did that as part of my trouble shooting. Its so frustrating.

Since this is older macOS, lets try this Dashboard version:

ftp://updates.drobo.com/

Select Guest, then go to:

dashboard/mac/Drobo-Dashboard-3.2.1.dmg

Uninstall current version first.

Thanks again for your help. It didn’t work. I took a screen shot of the message it gives me and the version of the software.

There is a chance that some other software is blocking the Drobo Dashboard Service, if you are using anti-virus program please see if you can allow Drobo Dashboard (DDService64D) or temporary uninstall to see if this is the issue.

No, I twice installed from a flash install, and it didn’t take. I have the cables running directly to the Mac Pro, so I know its none of that. I was wondering, I heard that you can connect a drive to your router’s usb-c port and it will turn that drive into a kinda NAS… have you heard of anyone doing that? And just fyi that would only take care of the Drobo C not that Drobo FS 800. Any ideas on the FS? It does have a LAN connector… do you think I should connect via LAN? I don’t need speed as much as I need capacity on that one.
Also do you know what’s the largest drive capacity I can put into both the Drobo C and the Drobo FS 800?

No, I twice installed from a flash install, and it didn’t take. I have the cables running directly to the Mac Pro, so I know its none of that. I was wondering, I heard that you can connect a drive to your router’s usb-c port and it will turn that drive into a kinda NAS… have you heard of anyone doing that? And just fyi that would only take care of the Drobo C not that Drobo FS 800. Any ideas on the FS? It does have a LAN connector… do you think I should connect via LAN? I don’t need speed as much as I need capacity on that one.
Also do you know what’s the largest drive capacity I can put into both the Drobo C and the Drobo FS 800?

Hi I hope everything is ok. You were so great at trying to help me. I just hope you are okay.