Drobo

Data protection routine after 3 weeks of no use

Before leaving for a 3-week vacation I unplugged my Drobo S and MacBook Pro and moved them off site. Upon returning and connecting everything and powering up, the Drobo S immediately went into a 24-hour data protection routine.

Everything was working fine prior to the shutdown, so I am wondering why the data protection routine was necessary. Although it doesn’t seem right, should I have left the Drobo S plugged in while I was away?

Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Lew

i can only think something (a drive connector) got knocked loose during all the moving?

Lew, are you still waiting for the Drobo to connect?

No, as I mentioned in my post it went into a 24-hour data protection routine.

[quote=“Docchris, post:2, topic:1994”]

i can only think something (a drive connector) got knocked loose during all the moving?[/quote]

I apologize for not responding to your suggestion which I believe was correct. I recently returned from an extended vacation and, after ensuring all drives were seated properly, booted the Drobo with no issues.

Lew

glad to hear its all sorted :smiley:

I am searching through Drobo S threads for information general information and read this thread last night. Since it wasn’t explicitly clear if your problem resolved,(cause a 24 hour routine sometimes runs slower on a Drobo) I figured I would ask. Thanks for the good humor.