Drobo

Connect Drobo FS to Airport Extreme Disk

Hi, I’d like to figure out a way to mount the airport disk in the Drobo FS’s linux operating system.

Whenever I try to transfer files between the two disks, it always goes through the network connection of the computer I’m using first – whether it’s Wi-Fi or wired.

Is there a way I can SSH into the Drobo FS, mount the Airport Disk there and then just use the command-line interface to copy files to Airport Disk from the Drobo FS?

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with the commands, and thanks in advance!

I see, so you want to have the Drobo FS mount the share the Airport Extreme publishes, then copy straight over. I assume you can do this (although I don’t know the mount commands for shares off the top of my head), but be warned that you probably won’t gain much if anything in the way of performance. The Airport (and Time Capsule) are notoriously slow, generally only providing about 9MB/sec of throughput under ideal conditions.

I haven’t tested it, but the instructions given here should do the trick:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-mount-remote-windows-partition-windows-share-under-linux.html

Ah, thanks for this! Well, it still would be faster than having to transfer from the Drobo FS to the Airport Disk using my MacBook connected via Wi-Fi as the middle man.