Drobo

changing mp3_dir in firefly

When changing the mp3_dir in firefly, firefly ceases to function.

default value mp3_dir /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/media
new value mp3_dir /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/HomeNet/Audio

After change I cannot open the config of mt-daapd. I receive a “can’t connect to the server” message.
http://192.168.178.34:3689/

In the Drobo Dashboard I have created a share with the name “HomeNet”.
In a folder called Audio I store all my MP3’s (imported via iTunes).

I do NOT want to store all my mp3’s in the DroboApps share.

Q: How to proceed.

[quote]

mt-daapd.conf

Edited: Wed Dec 22 04:33:14 2010

By: mt-daapd

web_root /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/admin-root
port 3689
admin_pw ********
mp3_dir /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/HomeNet/Audio
servername 192.168.178.34
runas root
playlist /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/mt-daapd.playlist
extensions .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.ogg
db_dir /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/cache
rescan_interval 3600
scan_type 0
always_scan 1
logfile /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/mt-daapd.log
process_m3u 0
compress 0[/quote]

Are you sure the media in the new folder has been fully scanned? I noticed the config page was not accessible during scan. Might just have to be patient while it updates.

I’m seeing the same issue. I just recently got my FS. I loaded all my music to ‘\Drobo-FS\Public\Music’ and in Firefly (for me, located on my router/auto-DHCP: http://192.168.1.4:3689/config.html), I went into the config for Firefly and I changed the value for mp3_dir from ‘/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/media’ to ‘/mnt/DroboFS/Public/Music’. When I hit “Submit” it says it applied. But when I go back into Config, the value for mp3_dir is back to being the default value. I read in the forums to restart the Drobo for it to apply. When I restart my Drobo-FS, I can no longer access Firefly. I have even let it be for about 8 hours and I still cannot access Firefly. It is not recognized in iTunes, either.

I DO NOT want to move my music files from the location ‘\Drobo-FS\Public\Music’ folder or Windows network drive mount ‘Y:\Music’ to ‘\Drobo-FS\DroboApps\Firefly\media’ or ‘Z:\Firefly\media’.
PLEASE HELP![hr]
Prior to making any changes, I tested after placing a handful of files into the default mp3_dir and it they were completely visible and usable (using iTunes 10.1.2.17 on Windows 7 Home Premium and Drobo-FS with DroboApps: Apache, DroboApps Admin, and Firefly.)

After changing the mp3_dir value and rebooting my Drobo-FS, the only way I can go back into Firefly is only if I uninstall Firefly using DroboApps Admin and reinstall it.

Was just setting up Firefly myself and saw this post. I’ve successfully changed the location and find it works just fine. I think you just have the directory wrong. Try this:

Sorry, that was a typo on my part. That is exactly what I typed.

The status page reads:

Status
thread session host action
57 0 169.254.6.31 Serving admin pages

service status control
Rendezvous Running Stop MDNS Server
DAAP Server Running Stop DAAP Server
Background scanner Idle Start Scan
uptime 15 hours, 8 minutes, 34 seconds
songs 0
songs served 0
db version 1

Configuration (even after changing it):

Web Root /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/admin-root
Playlist File /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/mt-daapd.playlist
MP3 Dir /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/media
Database Dir /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/cache
Port 3689
Server Name Drobo-FS
Logfile /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/firefly/mt-daapd.log
Art Filename
Run As root
Admin Password mt-daapd
MP3 Password
Extensions .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.ogg
Rescan Interval 3600
Scan Type 0
Always Scan 1
Compress 0
Process .m3u Files 0

…frustrated

Hmm. I can’t remember how I setup mine. I may have edited the configuration file manually. I don’t remember using the web interface. Try editing the file manually.

[quote]
/DroboApps/firefly/mt-daapd.conf[/quote]

[quote=“bweb79, post:6, topic:2108”]
Hmm. I can’t remember how I setup mine. I may have edited the configuration file manually. I don’t remember using the web interface. Try editing the file manually.

I actually checked that file before I hit the forums. The funny thing is that “mt-daapd.conf” reflected the edits after hitting ‘Submit’ in the web interface although the web interface acted as though nothing changed!

I got this for a big reason that this is advertised as DLNA and uPNP capable. I don’t know the Linux side to things and I wish I did. Is there anything that I’m missing that may make Firefly not work? I understand about the hot coffee theory, but apps on their website should should be tested to work with the most current firmware.

I contacted Data Robotics and since it’s a DroboApp, they do not offer support. Frankly, I’m upset. Firefly is marketed as Firefly for the Drobo-FS, however why am I seeing it as the old program: MT-DAAPD…?

The program shows that it offers support directly in the app. However, when I submit the form, it is not sent.

I’ve even noticed that my DroboApps folder has problems mapping the the network drive in Windows 7 after a reboot.[hr]
Is it possible that this is a problem of the permission /user of the Firefly?

Hmm. I really don’t know what is going on. I installed mine a month ago and didn’t even realize until the other day that it was running. Saw a Shared folder in iTunes called DroboFS and wondered what it was. Realized that Firefly was running this whole time.

I would say to do your standard uninstall and reinstall of Firefly. This time just try editing the .conf file. I’m pretty sure I never messed with the web interface at all.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.