Drobo

Can't raise a support Ticket

I’m trying to raise a support ticket, but it wont let me select the model type in order to lodge it.

I’m basically having an issue where my drives following a power down are now all showing solid red lights. The Drive is no longer showing on Dashboard and the drives are not booting.

I have tried rebooting and mounting to dashboard and all are failing. I have reseated the drives as per the support recommendations and still the system cycles and powers up, but goes into a idle state of red indicator lights. Note these are note flashing. Solid red.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Running Drobo Pro 8 bay on Mac 11.3

Thanks in advance.

Even when you can create a support ticket, they’re not very helpful. I recommend powering your Drobo OFF, removing all the drives and powering it back on without drives installed and see if it comes up.

** NEVER insert or remove drives while the unit is powered ON, unless you want the drive wiped before assimilation **

1 Like

Thanks @AzDragonLord I’ve heard similar stories about support. Given the age of the model and lack of “drobo care” I’m not holding out much hope. It’s a shame cos I love the Drobo, but when after sales care is so poor I can’t help but think there are better options.

I’ve rebooted the machine and restarted minus the drives. I have done a paper clip re-set on the unit and managed to get this to re-appear in dashboard which is a start. I can now “blink the lights” and manage the unit directly from the dashboard something that previously wasn’t possible.

I have since powered down again, re-seated the drives but sadly get the same error off too many drives removed occurs. The unit seems to see and recognise the drives have now been re-inserted but won’t finish booting or loading the data on the drives.

I think I may have to try to clone each drive (or somehow copy off the data) and then wipe the original drives and try to re-copy the cloned data back onto the drobo.

I am going to test the drives on another Drobo this morning to see if that helps at all.

What a drama. Thanks for reaching out.

UPDATE: Performed a “slot flush” last night, but this seems to have done nothing. Still the same error.

I’m waiting on support - it was the weekend when I finally managed to raise the ticket. Will post any updates here. Starting to consider data recovery now, so might start a thread on that. :frowning: