Drobo

Can't get Firefly to startup

I had installed Firefly when I first setup my Drobo FS, and then made a change to the config to use a different MP3 directory than the default (to use another Drobo share).

At some point after that, Firefly stopped responding on the web port. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Firefly many times now and restarted the Drobo, but I can’t get Firefly to respond on its web port - so I assume the service isn’t starting. Any suggestions for getting it back and running or cleanly installing? Thanks.

hi justin time - check out some other firefly posts on this board,
there might be some answers already from ricardo and guys about that, you can use the search on top right of page to see.
and if not then im sure someone will reply and try and help if they can

if you have any more info about what port youre using and what the config was before and what it became etc it might help too

I had gone back to read those messages, but they hadn’t really provided any answers to me.

Now I seem to have backed myself into a corner - I was trying to just clear all my DroboApps to start fresh. I turned off the checkbox for “Enable DroboApps” in the DroboDashboard, hoping the DroboApps share would go away, but it did not (even after a restart of the device). Now I’m trying to manually delete the files, but Firefly’s Media folder seems to be linked to my “Music” and “Video” shares, and deleting that folder is attempting to delete all my media.

And now, after clicking restart in the Drobo Dashboard, the Drobo FS has become non-responsive to both Drobo Dashboard (ready to connect!) and computers trying to mount the shares… ugh, this was not supposed to be my weekend project.

After a number of restarts and such (and renaming of the firefly directory), I’ve managed to get apache and droboadmin reinstalled and working. That allowed me to use droboadmin to safely delete firefly and re-install. Now I can tell from the log that firefly has started to scan my media, and I’m seeing a bunch of activity on the Drobo FS even though I’m not using it for anything. I have a fairly large mp3 library, so I’m expecting this will take several hours.

It looks like firefly just automatically links to any shares named “music” or “video”, so I didn’t have to change the config. Fingers crossed that this all continues to work.

ok well done on where you’ve got to so far.
sorry i cant help much as i dont use any media sharing programs yet. (next project for me is a mixture of media tomb, and my droboshare (maybe)

[quote=“justintime, post:1, topic:2630”]
I had installed Firefly when I first setup my Drobo FS, and then made a change to the config to use a different MP3 directory than the default (to use another Drobo share).

At some point after that, Firefly stopped responding on the web port. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Firefly many times now and restarted the Drobo, but I can’t get Firefly to respond on its web port - so I assume the service isn’t starting. Any suggestions for getting it back and running or cleanly installing? Thanks.
[/quote][hr]
how do you get that far.
i was loading the drobo fs in iturnes by coping it and it still not there.

I have the exact same issue you did. Did you manage to get Firefly to respond on its web port?? Firefly has scanned my media I can see it all loaded but I cannot get the admin web interface to work but DroboApp Admin works fine.[hr]
Disregard above message, it has just worked :slight_smile: thanks

I just found out that there is a dot file that is normally hidden inside of the droboapps share and it is .servicerc and there is only one line… firefly_enable=“YES”… check if that says anything else.[/align]