Drobo

Can't Delete Contents of DroboApps Share

Greetings,

I was unsuccessful in installing Apache, and would like to start over. But it seems that there is a folder called “includes” that is in use, and is preventing me from clearing out the DroboApps share. The path is \DroboApps\apache\conf\includes

Can someone please walk me through getting rid of this and starting my Apache install over?

Thanks.

Probably the easiest way would be to standby the Drobo+DroboShare, disconnect the Drobo from the DroboShare, connect it to a computer via USB or Firewire, then delete the offending folders from there.

Thanks for the reply. Given that this is a Drobo-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This is on an FS, so you can’t connect it to the computer via USB/FW…

If you have Dropbear working, you should be able to SSH in and kill the Apache processes. That would free up the files for deletion.

Thanks for the reply. Given that this is a Drobo-FS (having no USB), do you recommend trying to address it directly plugged into a host (via ethernet)?[hr]

I’m afraid that none of the DroboApps is working, which is why I’m trying to delete everything in that directory. Is there a simpler way to just start anew?

If you delete the service.sh file from the apps that you are having trouble with and then reboot the DroboFS they shouldn’t start up again and you should be able to delete them without having issues with open files. This won’t shut the services down very smoothly so I’d only recommend this if you have tried every other option.

[quote=“gerbzzie, post:5, topic:1355”]
Thanks for the reply. Given that this is a Drobo-FS (having no USB), do you recommend trying to address it directly plugged into a host (via ethernet)?[/quote]
Ahh, sorry I missed the category of the post (usually I just run through all the new posts)…

Since it’s an FS, there isn’t a way to “bypass” the embedded OS, so you’ll have to force the delete from console via SSH or telnet, as Spiney suggested.

I’m not sure whether the Drobo FS has its own storage for the DroboApps data, or if it stores it on the disk pack like DroboShare does.

If it stores the app data on the disk pack like DroboShare, then reinitializing the disk pack should also reinitialize the apps - but you’d also lose the data on the disk pack, so I’d only try that as a last resort.