Drobo

Big Sur 11.2 vs Dashboard 3.5.2

Hello. We recently did a clean install of Big Sur and are now attempting to reenable Drobo Dashboard.

We upgraded to MacOS 11.2 and downloaded the latest Drobo Dashboard package, Drobo-Dashboard-3.5.2.dmg but when we run the installer we see a message saying “This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install.”

Is this a known issue or a new casualty of the 11.2 release?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I don’t have a solution to you issue, but I will let you know that I am currently running Drobo Dashboard 3.5.2 [115659] on macOS Big Sur 11.2 without issue. It should be noted that it is also an Intel Mac.

Actually, I have one thing you could try. This has worked for me in the past when I encountered problematic installers.

Download the installer again, just to make sure the installer isn’t corrupted. Then mount the DMG, right click on the installer within the Finder window. Click Show Package Contents, navigate to the Unix executable “Install” via Contents>MacOS>Install. Open it, and follow the prompts like you normally would. Also, make sure you keep an eye on the Security & Privacy panel in System Preferences to make sure the installer isn’t getting held up by Gate Keeper, too.