Drobo

Apps not showing as option on B800fs

I have the latest dashboard installed. Are apps not available for the B800fs? I wanted to get drobopix setup

Hello there!

I believe the B800fs did not have access to DroboPix (just like it is not available for my DroboFS). It came with the more modern Drobo NAS units, like the Drobo 5N/5N2 and the B810n.

I believe the B810fs may have access to apps similar to the DroboFS, but I don’t have a B810fs so I’ve never tried. If you wanted to try some of the DroboFS apps, you have a bunch of resources here:

But no DroboPix.

Good luck!

Regards,

Dom

Awesome, thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to install. I am running drobo under windows

Rick

So, I no longer have my DroboFS as I donated it to my brother (it still works, but the 16TB storage limit got to be too limiting), but the same apps should work on both Drobo FS and 800fs.

Here’s how you enable DroboApps:

http://dashboardhelp.drobo.com/guide/230/en/FS_Using_DroboApps.htm

To install them, you drop any archive into the root of the DroboApps folder and reboot the Drobo. If you have SSH access, you can install the apps via CLI without rebooting using the following command:

/usr/bin/DroboApps.sh install

There are a lot of gems on that site. If you need any help, let me know. I still have my cross-compiling VM setup, so I could technically compile apps for Drobo(800)fs, though I no longer have any way of testing them.

Good luck!

Regards,

Dom

Perfect, thanks so much. Now If I could find a TZG file for drobopix… Lol

and to uninstall I presume I would just un-enable apps and then delete the folder(s)?
I ask as I think I messed up my password for SSH and I didn’t see anything in the SSH folder with a config containing that info

Correct. To uninstall, you simply delete the folder and reboot (the app itself may still be in memory until you reboot).

As for DroboPix, even if you had the tgz file, it doesn’t work alone. It’s dependent on DroboAccess and/or MyDrobo. It’s really quite a simple app, though. You can probably replicate something similar on Android with Tasker or rsync. It just copies the DCIM folder to a specified folder on your Drobo share. The location-aware part of it (when you get to a specific location, it automatically backs up your photos) has been broken on Android for as long as I can remember, so that’s a non-feature for me.

If I didn’t use DroboPix, I would probably use some Android rsync application. There used to be a version (that I can no longer find on the Play Store: rsync backup for Android) that would automatically trigger a sync when I connected to my home WiFi (IIRC). I used this when I had a DroboFS.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Dom

One more thing, if you want to try the DroboPix app on your Drobo800fs, here is the tgz file. I doubt it will work, though, as it was not compiled for the FS series.

Regards,

Dom

Thank you. I will play around with it sometime this week.

Do you know off hand what port drobopix uses? I am not finding anything about a port number stated using google search
I think I found it. 8080?

Port 8080 is only used for the interface, as it’s using the Apache instance that gets installed with DroboAccess/MyDrobo. The port it seems to transfer files over is 9090. It uses TUS (https://tus.io/) to transfer files from your phone to your Drobo.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Dom