Drobo

"Access Denied" error for some files in Drobo Copy

Hey all. New Drobo user here. I tried to run DroboCopy to copy all of my user data in Windows Vista, and I keep getting incomplete copies, even when I uncheck system files.

Example file read in report:

Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\My Documents’ is denied.

Why would it block access? This is exactly the kind of stuff I WANT to backup and why I got a Drobo in the first place.

Help please?

Thanks!

hi 3moons,
are you able to see if a normal select (copy and paste) from windows works with the same files?

if it does, then it could be a priviledges issue with drobo copy and vista (and mayeb some extra perms on it might fix)
but if even windows has problems copying your docs and pasting to drobo,
try copying from docs and pasting to another new folder on c drive as a test.

if that still fails then probably some fundamental windows access issue/locking is there

Well, it gets weirder.

It’s throwing access errors for folders that DON’T EXIST.

C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Music – Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Music’ is denied.
C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Music – Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Music’ is denied.
C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Pictures – Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Pictures’ is denied.
C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Pictures – Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Pictures’ is denied.
C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Videos – Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Videos’ is denied.
C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Videos – Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Threemoons\Documents\My Videos’ is denied.

I checked. THERE ARE NO SUCH FOLDERS in the user docs, and I can’t manually add them to the exclusions because I CAN’T SEE THEM.

What to do?

have you made any complete shutdowns of pc and drobo, and reboots etc since installing it up etc?
or is it still all running with same windows instance since you plugged things in etc?

btw which version of drobo do you have?
is it the 4-slot drobo version 1 (which just has power and usb at the back)
or the 4-slot version 2 (which has same + firewire port)

also can you mention what version of dashboard you have too please?

Paul–thanks for the help.

I have the 4-slot with FireWire but using USB.

Version = 1.73 for dashboard (latest)

ok thanks,
i just tried creating a DroboCopy job, from my v1 to my v2 and it worked.

what if you delete the existing “job”, and try creating a fresh, new one?
that should then hopefully only pick up files and folder that exist?

Nope, already tried it.

I think I may have to create empty folders and then exclude them, but I want to hear from the Drobo team first.