Drobo

5n2 won't power one, need replacement

Hi!

I have a Drobo 5n2 and the drobo will not power on. There are no green (or any) lights illuminated on the front. In the back, I hear and see the fan spinning, and feel the vibration from what it seems like the hard drives. However, the little power button the back has the green light barely flickering. It does that from the moment power is plugged in to it. If I try to press the power button to turn it on it doesn’t do anything.

I opened a ticket with Tech support and they’re less than helpful. They don’t troubleshoot for the part that’s bad and suggest buying a new unit. Drobo itself doesn’t have them in stock and I can’t find them online anywhere else. The migration chart says that it has to go to another 5n2, so my options are even more limited.

The only other thing I can think of is buying a used one off of ebay but I really don’t want to do that except as a last resort.

Has anybody else had this issue and been able to fix it? It’s mind boggling that this can fail and there is no way for me to get a replacement port, send it in to get fixed, or to buy another.

Is Drobo on it’s way out?

Thanks!