Drobo 5D3 doesn’t seem to want to boot up. Looking for advice. Is it dead?
I created a support ticket and was given a checklist about the following:
Things to check:
• yes power supply is correct and the brick is showing solid green light
• I was using a surge protector; I plugged directly into the wall
• I made sure the power is connected securely
• I unplugged the Drobo for 10 minutes, then plugged it back in and tried again - same result
• Power supply does not appear to be loose or damaged
• all the lights come on briefly when I toggle the switch (bay lights are yellow), but then they all go dark within a second or two (see video links below)
Things to try:
1: unseat drives and try to power on: done - no change
2: Power on - done
3: power on without drives? no, same thing happens with or without the drives - lights come on briefly then go dark
4: the light on the back (green light on the power switch) flickers in a strange pattern then goes dark - the pattern is always the same
5: the light on the power brick is solid green when connected to Drobo
6: the light is solid green when disconnected from Drobo
7: used power supply from an old Drobo 5S - same result: lights come on briefly, then go dark. Same flickering pattern on the power button when power supply is connected or the switch is pressed.
Here are some videos to demonstrate what’s happening.
If they don’t play inline, they should download fine.