Drobo

2 X DroboPro

I need help. All 8 hard drives are RED On one of my drobo pro.
And this is the message I got of drobo pro… Can anyone help me???

Drobo doesn’t recognize some of the drives you have installed in the data bays. They may have been previously formatted by Drobo or are from another Drobo. To troubleshoot, please consult the User’s Guide or visit http://www.datarobotics.com/support

Best regards
Amirce

i THINK that means you have two disks packs installed in drobo - an since it doesn’t know which one to use and which one to wipe, it just comes to a stop

Just do a reset followed by “Erase” and that should reset all drives. Once reboot, ur Drobo Dashboard should see all the drives as one disk pack and prompt you to select the BeyondRAID FAT format & size. I assume you have no biz or mission critical data on those drives.

Just do a reset followed by “Erase” and that should reset all drives. Once reboot, ur Drobo Dashboard should see all the drives as one disk pack and prompt you to select the BeyondRAID FAT format & size. I assume you have no biz or mission critical data on those drives.

I do not want to reset and then ERASE, because I got data 5 volumes 2TB of data on drobo pro. Is there other way, to avoid ERASE data.

Do U know which drive or drives you just added to the original disk pack?[hr]
Do U know which drive or drives you just added to the original disk pack?

YES number 2 from left 500GB to 1TB

Have U tried take out that 1TB and flip the switch and see ur DBP will kick into recovery mode w/ green-yellow instead all REDs!!!
That way at least you can still access those data & transfer them to another DBP or another storage. Flashing all REDs usually means bad news.

I just tried that, and still all lights are red even the one with out the disk :frowning:

U did flip the switch, didn’t U? Does ur DBP go thru the usual POST sequence or after a reboot just SOLID RED? Better place a call, especially you’ve got important stuffs on them and sounded like U have no backups.

U did flip the switch, didn’t U? Does ur DBP go thru the usual POST sequence or after a reboot just SOLID RED? Better place a call, especially you’ve got important stuffs on them and sounded like U have no backups.

What du u mean by flip the switch? I don’t have have backup :(. SMS yes Drobo go’s tru the usual post SMS suddnely it is solid red, with that message. WHO should i Call or What to dó?

Best regards

The white power button in the back. Pls open a support case w/ DRI support.[hr]
The white power button in the back. Pls open a support case w/ DRI support.

I can not open the case support, it wont let me. Serial numb is TDB092940512. I live i Denmark, who could I call???

Please see my Signature.

Does ur DBP flag U with the warning syaing too many drives removed error?
If I read ur messages corrently, you did remove all ur drives from ur DBP at least once. Correct?

and after you contact support please do let us know how you get on

I did not remove all drives, just one 500GB replaced 1TB. This is the message I got DroboPro Status: TOO MANY HARD DRIVES REMOVED.
Suggested Actions : DROBO DOESN’T RECOGNIZE SOME OF THE DRIVES YOU HAVE INSTALLED IN THE DATA BAYS. THEY MAY HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY FORMATTED BY DROBO OR ARE FROM ANOTHER DROBO.

Now. This is true. I took 1 TB and replaced with 500GB, but the problem is the 1 TB were in my second DroboPRO and I forgot to formatted the hard drive to NTFS as I always do. So now every bay is solid red. I tried to restart, blink lights, shutdown and nothing happens. I even try running drobo pro without the drive I replaced ‘’ 500GB to 1 TB’’. and yes I did flip the switch too.

I will call support in Norway and Germany tomorrow Monday 4/4.[hr]
Drobo #1 (DroboPro)
Drobo S/N: TDB092940512
Drobo Firmware: v1.2.0 [2.52.34901]
Volumes: Drobo