Drobo

1.61 doesn't work under fw800 or iscsi

So I installed 1.61 and now my mac can’t see the drives over iscsi. I had a static ip address assigned and someone mentioned that that settings get wacked and go to automatic for that but I don’t have it hooked up to a dhcp server so I don’t know what address it defaults to. The manual only mentions the address the droboshare defaults to, not the drobopro.

Ok, so other solution is to hook it up over firewire800. Now the drives mount which is great! Bad news though, Drobo Dashboard doesn’t see the drives at all. So I can’t reset the ip address for iscsi.

I would goto the support page and log this as a case but my login doesn’t seem to work anymore even though I have it saved under 1password. I clicked on the email me my password but nothing is being emailed to me in the last hour. I’ve had an account for over 6 months so I don’t know what is up with that.[hr]

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention that this is under 10.6.2 Snow Leopard.[hr]

I tried USB and it is the same as the fw800, it mounts fine but nothing in the drobo dashboard.

I also tried reconnecting iscsi and put a static ip of 169.254.213.210 hoping that it defaults to the similar ip address that the droboshare defaults to(169.254.213.234). Still no luck with that either. If anyone knows the ip address the iscsi defaults to please post a reply.

Everything worked just fine under 1.51.

I had a similar support-login issue recently, and when I asked Jennifer about it, she said that they have a new CRM so you need to re-register for support. She said that the info from the old system is gone.

[quote=“avid, post:3, topic:713”]I had a similar support-login issue recently, and when I asked Jennifer about it, she said that they have a new CRM so you need to re-register for support. She said that the info from the old system is gone.[/quote]They really need to work on this whole communicating with their customers thing. Nothing on their main web page about the accounts being wacked. I shouldn’t have to find this out from the drobo forums. Half the ill will against them is because they seem to leave people in the dark about important issues.

Maybe Jennifer can weigh in and let us know if this is the issue in this case?

I have already asked for the page to be corrected to reflect that if you have a login prior to the 1st of October you need to re-register a support login since it’s new.

So I found out the solution to the issue was simply to reinstall the Drobo Dashboard a second time. Everything seems to work fine now.

Jennifer: should we also re-register all our drobo’s again if the old CRM system was wacked?

Registering and Support login are NOT the same thing.

So, no you don’t have to register your product. Just your support login.